Alan"s Money Blog

Jul 15, 2007

Enternitybanking VISA debit card & US bank account: perfect for non US residents


Sometimes I find something of potential value that I
know many readers of my updates will find useful.

The first of these I want to mention has to do with
obtaining a Visa or MasterCard branded DEBIT card.

Let me clarify: I'm not talking about a plain ATM
debit card (which are a dime a dozen) - but a debit
card with the Visa or MasterCard logo/hologram.

For US residents getting such a card is a breeze.
But for most others, such a card is a prize to
seek - as it has all the advantages of a credit
card, except you are not incurring debt - rather
simply using your own money.

Sometimes such a card is referred to as a pre-paid
credit card.

One of the problems in obtaining one arises from
the fact that such cards are usually only available
to those who live in certain areas - in the region
served by a particular bank. And banks in various
countries are not usually allowed to distribute such
cards outside their own country.

The only exception is what is termed "affinity"
groups - which could be a company, a private club,
a group of employees etc.

There have been many attempts to provide such cards,
but these have often failed, precisely because the
issuer did not adhere to the policies of either
Visa or MasterCard.

EternityBanking info:

This is an e-payments system which provides for
a number of useful financial services - including
the provision of a US bank account and Visa Debit
Card.

Now, a US bank account is no big news to those already
in the USA, but for those in other countries, this
is potentially very useful (and offshore). One obvious
advantage is that such an account can be used to verify
PayPal accounts - and more importantly, receive PayPal
withdrawals.

I've opened an account with Eternity myself - and
am in the process of validating it with my ID so I can
get this Visa debit card. I can see a lot of use in
it for me personally.

There are a lot of options with this service - including
being able to load by wire transfer, various e-currencies
MoneyBookers, Western Union, PayPal and ACH - and I
think it's well worth a closer look, if you are a non-US
resident. However, even US residents may find the loading
options very attractive - even though the card would
certainly not be "offshore" to them.

I should also mention that they DO have an affiliate program where you can earn a modest fee
for referring others to their service. However, the real value is in the service provided not so much in the referral program.

Click HERE For more info!

No comments: